Our Complaints Policy
At Universe Solicitors we are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
We hope that you will initially be able to resolve any problem or complaint that you have with the solicitor / fee earner with the conduct of your case on informal basis. However, if this is not possible, we will apply the following procedure.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint that you have not been able to resolve informally with the solicitor or fee earner with the conduct of your case, please contact our Complaints Handling Manager, Mr Emmanuel Sodola. His email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the Complaints Handling Manager, Mr Sodola will deal with a complaint under our complaints procedure as follows:
How a complaint is dealt with
- i. The Complaints Handling Manager will send a letter acknowledging a complaint and may ask the person making the complaint to confirm or explain details of the complaint.
- ii. The Complaints Handling Manager will record the complaint in our central register and open a file for the complaint.
- iii. The Complaints Handling Manager will then start to investigate the complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps.
- – The Complaints Handling Manager will ask the relevant solicitor or fee earner in charge of the client’s matter to comment on the complaint.
- – The Complaints Handling Manager will examine the response of the relevant solicitor or fee earner and details of the client’s complaint. The Complaint Handling Manager may ask the relevant solicitor of fee earner for more information, if necessary./li>
- – The Complaints Handling Manager will examine the client’s case file, then prepare and send an initial response to the complaint. This should be done within 21 days from the date of receiving a client’s original complaint.
- iv. At this stage, if the client is still not satisfied they can write to the Complaint Handling Manager again. The Complaints Handling Manager will then review the initial response in light of any further concerns raised by the client and send a letter confirming our final position on the complaint with reasons.
- v. We aim to complete the different stages set out above well within reasonable timescales. However, some complaints take longer than others to resolve./li>
If the client is still not satisfied with our handling of a complaint they may refer the matter to:
The Legal Ombudsman
Address PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Telephone 0808 250 4528
The time limit for a person to complain to the Legal Ombudsman is six months from the date of the written response to their complaint.
Complaints about Professional Conduct issues
If you are concerned about our professional conduct (behaviour), then you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, race / ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or other characteristic.
If you would like to provide any other feedback, please email: email@example.com